Jason
Jason, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  Degree in Marine Technology. Gas and diesel marine mechanic.
44667847

I have a sx200txrz 2001 saltwater series outboard with a fuel

Customer Question

I have a sx200txrz 2001 saltwater series outboard with a fuel line that will loose pressure, the squeeze ball will get flat when idling then the engine will stop It will run better at a higher rpm but will loose rpm from 5000 to 4800 to 4700 over the next 4to 5 minutes or 3
to 5miles and u have to squeeze the ball and the rpm will increase a bit I have replaced the fuel lines from tank and squeeze ball 2 times the last time was 2 days ago, and replaced the 2 fuel pumps or gasket kits last year thinking that was the problem what is my next step marlon nelson box 43 gronlid sask s0e0w0
Category: Boat
Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** am I speaking with? When you say the squeeze bulb will get flat. Is it actually sucking itself flat?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
marlon no it will be soft when u squeeze it
Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.
Hi Marlon. Do you have a portable tank you can run the engine off of?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have a 5 gal tank for my 40 hp yam
Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.
Run the engine off of that tank and let me know if you still have the same issue.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have a 9.9 that used to be tied in to fuel line it always worked ok that ball would stay hard, as of 2 days ago the 2 engines are on separate lines from the spin on fuel filter I was on the lake yesterday thinking the problem would be solved
Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.
You have 2 engines on the same fuel filter/fuel line????
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it is a spin on filter like an oil filter on a 1/2ton that I bought from Yamaha dealer it is supposed to insure the fuel is clean and free of any contamination it is new 2 days ago with 2 lines going in on the top that could come from the fuel tank I have 1 line from the tank going into the filter and 2 going out one to the 200 1to the 9.9 the 9.9 stays hard
Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.
You can't have 2 engines on the same fuel line, or filter. One engine will try to suck fuel from the other. Remove this 2nd engine and plug the fuel filter outlet and retest. As that may very well cause the issue. If no change, then go to the portable tank next. Let me know what happens.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I need away of contacting u after I do these tests thanks marlon
Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.
To get back to me what you want to do is log into the website. Then on the upper right you will see a tab that says "my questions". You can click on that to get back to here. Just make sure you do reply back to the website, we do not work off of email here.Thanks,Jason
Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.
Good morning. Just checking in. Any progress?