Jason
Jason, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  Degree in Marine Technology. Gas and diesel marine mechanic.
44667847

I have a 1991 Mercury 2stroke motor that is giving me solid

Customer Question

I have a 1991 Mercury 2stroke motor that is giving me solid high pitch signal. I replaced the thermostat which was corroded and frozen. Started the motor up and within one minute got the signal again. Can you suggest some trouble shooting possibilities please
Category: Boat
Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** am I speaking with?
Can I get the serial number on the engine.
How long has it been since the impeller was replaced?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Jason,
My name is ***** ***** serial number on the engine is as follows first integer is no readable then D054644. Regarding the impeller I have no idea I just bought the motor
Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.
Hi Bruce, the only reason the alarm would go off on this engine is overheat. The impeller needs to be changed every other year. If you don't know when it was last replaced it is a safe bet to have to replace it now. Does that make sense?
Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.
Hello. Just checking in. No rating has been put through yet so I wanted to make sure that all your questions were answered. Did you have any further questions on this issue?