Jason
Jason, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  Degree in Marine Technology. Gas and diesel marine mechanic.
44667847

I have a 2002 Baja 252 with a 6.2, It is over fueling and fouling

Customer Question

I have a 2002 Baja 252 with a 6.2, It is over fueling and fouling plugs. New fuel preasure reg. and tune up plugs,cap rotor,wires. What tells the injectors how much fuel they need? O and a marina had the boat for a week and cant figure it out.
Category: Boat
Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** am I speaking with?
There is no one sensor that tells the injectors how much fuel to spray. It's a combination of many things.
Are you working on this yourself? Has compression and fuel pressure been checked yet?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My name is***** am now working on it myself, a shop had it a week cost $1500 for them to tell me they cant figure it out. fuel preasure is good they replaced the regulator, compression is 165 in each cylinder, sets no codes.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Iremoved the injectors had them tested and cleaned before I took it to the shop ran worse after I put them back in
Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.
Hi Jeremy. What was the fuel pressure actually reading, what number?Also, what plugs are in there?
Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.
Hi Jeremy, the website does offer phone calls but it is an extra service at an extra fee (30$) Did you want to stay online or do you prefer the call?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No I can stay online, I think they told me fuel pressure was 30 psi, I had ac delco MR 43LTS plugs then they put NGK BPR6EFS
Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.
30 psi would actually be very low. Can you confirm that was the reading?
Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.
Also, is the engine actually heating up? If you run it for 15 minutes and take it's temperature, what does it read?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My fuel pressure guage has wrong fitting I will have to find one, also while I was messing w it I determined that the marina apparently broke an injector , it won't ohm out, so I have ordered new ones I will have to get back to you after they come in. Thx
Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.
Ouch. Okay let me know how you make out.
Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.
Good morning, just checking in, any progress?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok I'm going again, fuel preasure is 32. Psi key on engine off, 27 with engine running
Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.
Hi Jeremy. That is actually low fuel pressure. If you start the engine up and remove the vac line for the fuel pressure regular is there fuel in it?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok after a late night in the shop we finally found it! A broken valve spring.
Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.
Fuel pressure should be 43 psi when running.Was it one of the intake valve springs broken?
Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.
Good morning. I noticed no rating has been put through yet so i'm just checking in to see how you were making out. Any progress, or did you still have more questions on this?
Thanks,
Jason