Jason
Jason, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  Degree in Marine Technology. Gas and diesel marine mechanic.
44667847

I have a 2008 sea ray 240 sundancer, it has the 5.0 mpi engine.

Customer Question

i have a 2008 sea ray 240 sundancer, it has the 5.0 mpi engine. was out sunday and the water pressure senor was coming across the screen and beeping. what would cause this?
Category: Boat
Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** am I speaking with?Chances are it's a bad water pressure sensor. They have a habit of going bad fairly often. All Mercruisers are cataloged by serial number. If you have your serial number handy I can get you the part number and location of the sensor.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok, it is a closed system, and at idle, it would creep up to 190 close to 200 wasnt sure if it was an impeller
Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.
That would be an impeller/thermostat issue, you didn't mention that it was running hot in your first message, just that the water pressure sensor alarm was coming on. If you are running that hot then chances are you really do have low water pressure because of a worn in impeller. They need to be changed every other year. And since your are running hot it is the first thing that needs to be checked. Did you have further questions on the issue?