Noel Schembri
Noel Schembri, Marine Technician
Experience:  Advanced technical diploma
41498811

The throttle on my 6hp motor seems to be stuck on high revs

Customer Question

The throttle on my 6hp motor seems to be stuck on high revs and won't allow me to to idle in neutral. Any suggestions for lubrication, etc.?
Category: Boat
Expert:  Noel Schembri replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is Noel and I will assist you. First thing to check is if it is the throttle mechanism and cables the problem or if it is the carb butterfly that is stuck . What you need to do is to remove the cowl and disconnect the cables from the carb. Try working the throttle and see if it will turn. If no then the problem is with the cables that got jammed and would need to be replaced. If it turns then the problem is with the carb, you would need to get it off the engine and work the throttle body while lubricating until it is free. If you need further assistance let me know. Noel
Did you manage to check the above? Do you require further assistance?

Noel