Joe
Joe, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  ASE, electronics, Marine mechanical and electronics, pwc, wiring, all around repair tech,
20508815

I have a 2012 fourwinns sl222 with a 5.7 Volvo penta. It

Customer Question

Hi, I have a 2012 fourwinns sl222 with a 5.7 Volvo penta. It has 78 ish hrs on it and this weekend it worked fine for the majority of the day. After sitting for a long time(shut off) I went to pull my kid and under full throttle it would bog and the check engine would come on. So then I would slowly get to full throttle and run it for a bit at full throttle. Then shut it off and it was fine to pull under full throttle from 0 again? I was thinking bad fuel? Any ideas?
Category: Boat
Expert:  Joe replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for allowing me to assist you, my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you with your concern today.
Since the problem corrected itself this would be very hard to determine what the problem was/is unless it either does it again or has a stored history code. If running smart gauges that have access to display the codes then if this happens again you can try that for the code, otherwise you will need to have the engine scanned by a professional. It is a possibility something was sticking or fuel related, if and when this happens again feel free to let me know of which also please check the codes which may require a scan tool of which you may want to have it scanned anyways just to be safe and see if there are any stored codes or current lingering problems. An intermittent problem is one of the hardest to work with and diagnose.
Thank you!
- Joe
Please rate my answer when ready. Bonuses are appreciated.
If for any reason you are not satisfied please reply back to me for further assistance to which I will be glad to help you. The rating system is only to rate me as an expert not the site or the product. If you have any problems for any reason please reply back and let me know.
Thanks again for using justanswer and have a great day!
If you need any further assistance you can reply back at any time for my help.
I'd be happy to answer any other questions you have even if not related.