Charles
Charles, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  US Navy (Ret) Certified Mercury Marine Tech with over a decade of repair experience.
67216606

We have a 2006 Sea Ray Sundancer 260 that is leaking water

Customer Question

We have a 2006 Sea Ray Sundancer 260 that is leaking water on the carpet seemingly from the step and also in another spot at the base of the electric panel in the cabin. I've heard that these are two common problem spots for leaking but not sure how to diagnose/where to access where the leak it in order to fix it? Also, how to fix it?
Category: Boat
Expert:  Charles replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is***** you for allowing me to assist you today.
What we have seen on these boats is that the leak is actually much higher and you are just seeing it at those low points. The places that you need to look are for the mounts of the hard top, if you have one, and the windshield. Allot of times these screws are not sealed when installed in the boat and this will lead to a leak over time. Resealing these areas should stop the problem.