Joe
Joe, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  ASE, electronics, Marine mechanical and electronics, pwc, wiring, all around repair tech,
20508815

I have a mgkccb-3359b water cooled generator, installed in

Customer Question

I have a mgkccb-3359b water cooled generator, installed in a house boat. It has run perfect for a year, just lately now the water is 85 degrees it keeps shutting off. I think it could be the gas? I mounted a five gallion gas tank next to it and let it suck from there and it runs perfect. Do you think is should install a booster flue pump? Is there such a think? just need some help.
Thanks Craig Salmon
Category: Boat
Expert:  Joe replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for allowing me to assist you, my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you with your concern today.
It may or may not be related to water temperature, since you stated that info let's start with checking that as a problem. If there is a cooling problem already that was not showing a problem it could once the water warmed up and what I mean by that is that it cannot cool the engine enough with a problem. Check water discharge and make sure the unit is receiving and discharging enough water and is not also overheating, this means both engine itself and exhaust. Now I also see the info related to running from another fuel tank source and it then runs perfect, if this is the case then ignore the above and this means the problem is your fuel feed source. This includes everything from the hose to the tank. Check for leaks and check vent line for blockage preventing flow, also one thing to note, the temp and fuel could be related in the fact of vapor lock, however it is more likely that the problem is related to the actual fuel source instead. In this case you would want to check fuel pressure and or install a clean line so that you could check for bubbles/air in the fuel line feeding the engine.
Thank you!
- Joe
Please rate my answer when ready. Bonuses are appreciated.
If for any reason you are not satisfied please reply back to me for further assistance to which I will be glad to help you. The rating system is only to rate me as an expert not the site or the product. If you have any problems for any reason please reply back and let me know.
Thanks again for using justanswer and have a great day!
If you need any further assistance you can reply back at any time for my help.
I'd be happy to answer any other questions you have even if not related.