Joe
Joe, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  ASE, electronics, Marine mechanical and electronics, pwc, wiring, all around repair tech,
20508815

L have a 2010 tohatsu 40 hp fuel injection system l got it

Customer Question

l have a 2010 tohatsu 40 hp fuel injection system l got it bran new all i had was the owners manual to install on my pontoon boat.The motor starts great but idiols at 2100 is there a start up procedjure or how do l adjust the idiol speed. motor serial number is *****
Category: Boat
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Joe replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for allowing me to assist you, my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you with your concern today.
Please start by checking cable is not incorrectly adjusted/routed pulling throttle linkage open (can remove cable from throttle linkage to check this) if when throttle cable disconnected from the linkage on the throttle body and it still has this problem check throttle blade if open? if so then just idle stop adjustment which may be adjusted leaving the throttle blades open, also check for air leaks where air can be bypassing the throttle body causing increased airflow causing an high idle as a result.
Thank you!
- Joe
Please rate my answer when ready. Bonuses are appreciated.
If for any reason you are not satisfied please reply back to me for further assistance to which I will be glad to help you. The rating system is only to rate me as an expert not the site or the product. If you have any problems for any reason please reply back and let me know.
Thanks again for using justanswer and have a great day!
If you need any further assistance you can reply back at any time for my help.
I'd be happy to answer any other questions you have even if not related.