Dominick
Dominick, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  25 Years Experience as Mechanic, 20 Yrs Boat Yard Owner/Mechanic, Factory Certified
14379177

Another question on my 1983 SeaRay 107 Runabout. We solved

Customer Question

Another question on my 1983 SeaRay 107 Runabout. We solved the problem of left side instrument panel not working. Now the gas gauge works intermittently. Usually works right after fill-up while at no wake speed. When accelerating to cruising speed it jumps
back and forth between full and empty a few times, the stays on empty until the nex fill-up.
Category: Boat
Expert:  Tan replied 1 year ago.
Hello.This will require removal of the sending unit in the fuel tank. We have to check the sender with an ohm meter to see hoiw it reads when moving the float arm through the range. Do you know the location of the sender? It is usually under a deck plate or in front of the engine compartment.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How do I find out where the sender is?
Expert:  Tan replied 1 year ago.
The sender is in the top of the fuel tank look for an inspection port. You may have to pull the floor up over the tank if there isn't an inspection port. Here is the image of a fuel sending unit. The pink wire is to the fuel gauge. http://s189.photobucket.com/user/kalel76/media/PICT0009x.jpg.html Here is another vies in a different boat. The sender is on the right with 5 screws holding the sender in.http://forums.iboats.com/filedata/fetch?id=7092970&d=1380132921