Tan
Tan, MerCruiser Certified Technician
Experience:  40 yrs. experience with complete engine repairs both inboard/outboard and MerCruiser Certified Technician.
25721800

I have a 2013 Bayliner 175. We have trouble with it starting.

Customer Question

I have a 2013 Bayliner 175. We have trouble with it starting. With the battery key in place, when I turn the key the blower cuts out and nothing happens. The blower also stops working. If I take the battery key out and put it back in, the blower will work again. Any thoughts? Is it a fuse?
Category: Boat
Expert:  Tan replied 1 year ago.
Hello. My name is***** is a bad connection. Check all the connections on the battery both positive and negative. If it still acts up pull the battery switch out and connect the 2 connections on the back of the switch together. If it works now the battery switch is bad. What is happening is the bad connections is causing voltage loss due to corrosion of a bad or dirty connection. I suspect the switch as you can remove the key and then install the key turning the contacts past each other making contact. Post back if these don't solve your issue and we can continue with the issue. We will need a volt meter to do further testing. Thank you......Tan