Dominick
Dominick, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  25 Years Experience as Mechanic, 20 Yrs Boat Yard Owner/Mechanic, Factory Certified
14379177

I have a brand new mercury 9.9 prokicker that I just mounted

Customer Question

I have a brand new mercury 9.9 prokicker that I just mounted on my boat. It ran great when I picked it up from Bass pro shop, now it seems locked. I can't turn it over with the pull start or the electric start. I took out the spark plugs and tried to turn it over but it is still locked. I had it laying on the Handel side for the entire transport. How do I " unlock" it?
Category: Boat
Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** am I speaking with? Is the shifter handle in the neutral position?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes, I have presses the neutral button so the handle will go fwd and reverse freely
Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.
Is the engine tiller control or remote control? Can I also get the serial number on the engine please.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Tiller control, model numet 1-F10461EK, engine serial number 0R670783.
Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.
Have a helper spin the propeller while you try to put it into foward gear. Once it is i foward gear, set it back into neutral, and make sure the prop can spin freely in either direction. Will the rope now pull?