Dominick
Dominick, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  25 Years Experience as Mechanic, 20 Yrs Boat Yard Owner/Mechanic, Factory Certified
14379177

We have a Yamaha 250 motor and my husband connected the

Customer Question

We have a Yamaha 250 motor and my husband connected the battery backwards in May. Jason helped us sort out the blown fuses and the motor seemed to work (on the dry). We put it in the water yesterday and it runs fine except it doesn't go forward or backwards-
you can hear a little click but somehow the transmission does not work. Any suggestions on how to fix this?
Category: Boat
Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.
Hello, Jason here again.Do you know if you have mechanical controls or do you have fly by wire electronic controls?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Electronic controls
Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.
Gotcha. I'm sorry to say this is not one I'm going to be able to help you with. And it is going to have to go into the dealer so that they can hook up their diagnostic computer to it. Sorry about that. :(
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
my phone number was wrong on my account- if you can call me at(###) ###-#### *****
Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.
Hi. I'm actually out for the rest of the day, and I won't be back online until tomorrow afternoon sometime. I will opt out of this quesiton and leave it open to the community, if somebody else feels they can help they will jump in. Good luck!