Tan
Tan, MerCruiser Certified Technician
Experience:  40 yrs. experience with complete engine repairs both inboard/outboard and MerCruiser Certified Technician.
25721800

My keeps dripping gas why would that be I have a

Customer Question

my carburetor keeps dripping gas why would that be I have a 1957 johnson 18 horse outboard
Category: Boat
Expert:  Tan replied 1 year ago.
Hello. My name is***** when you have fuel dripping from the front of the carb you have a bad inlet needle, saturated float allowing the carb to flood or the choke is closed loading the carb up with fuel. Can you verify the choke is open? If you squeeze the primer bulb do you get fuel flowing out the front of the carb? Here is a link to your carb.http://www.marineengine.com/parts/johnson-evinrude-parts.php?year=1957&hp=18&model=FDE-11&manufacturer=Johnson&section=Carburetor+Group