Charles
Charles, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  US Navy (Ret) Certified Mercury Marine Tech with over a decade of repair experience.
67216606

2000 evinrude 225 ram ficht. Sat yrs. cranks, has spark

Customer Question

2000 evinrude 225 ram ficht. Sat for 6 yrs. cranks, has spark and voltage to the injector connectors. I ran a small outboard fuel tank to the fuel filter housing and replaced fuel filter. I have fuel to the hard plastic line on top of filter. No check engine light. I do not seem to get pulses to the injectors. Used injector test lights then a test light clipped to positive. Question. What sensors might cause Emm to not ground injectors but fire coils. Or is this a faulty emm
Category: Boat
Expert:  Charles replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is***** you for allowing me to assist you today.
Before going too much further, you will need to patch into the discharge line coming fro the electric pump. Make sure that you are getting good pressure from inline pump. If you are not, replace the pump. If you are, check the MAP sensor or the CPS.