Dominick
Dominick, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  25 Years Experience as Mechanic, 20 Yrs Boat Yard Owner/Mechanic, Factory Certified
14379177

I have a 2004 2 Stroke Yamaha 150 hp. Its been working great

Customer Question

I have a 2004 2 Stroke Yamaha 150 hp. Its been working great but last time I went out the oil alarm went off and it took me to idle speed. There was plenty of oil in the VRO. I opened the cowling and there was not a lot of oil in the reservoir. I filled it and fished in shore and everything was fine but the reservoir is has gone down a little. Any ideas?
Category: Boat
Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** am I speaking with?Can I get the model number on the engine please.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
V6 150 off the place card 6G4 150TXRC hope thats what you want
Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.
That is the number. In a nutshell the oil transfer system isn't working, and that can happen for 5 or 6 different reasons. Do you know how to use a volt/ohm meter, and are you good with taking voltage and resitance measurements?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No not really do you thi
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry do you think I need a mechanic
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am sorry I have to go to work this is taking too long. Can I continue tomorrow
Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.
If you don't have a meter then this would not be anything I could help you with online, and you would have to take it in. Good luck!