Noel Schembri
Noel Schembri, Marine Technician
Experience:  Advanced technical diploma
41498811

115 merc prop is turning but slowly!! in forward and reverse.

Customer Question

115 merc prop is turning but slowly!! in forward and reverse. NOT sure of engine age as i was BS'D!! Suppose to be 2001 however may be as old as 1994 on further investigation.Help!
Category: Boat
Expert:  Noel Schembri replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will assist you, when you say prop moves slowly on gear do you mean the engine accelerates but the prop keeps turning slowly? If yes then the problem you have a spun propeller hub. This is the rubber hub inside the propeller that is sacrificed when you hit something instead of damaging the gear case. In this case you would need to remove the propeller and replace the hub if the propeller you have has a detachable hub. If no you would need to replace the complete propeller.If you require further assistance let me know.Noel
Did you manage to check the prop? Do you require further assistance?
Kindly rate my service.
Noel