Charles
Charles, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  US Navy (Ret) Certified Mercury Marine Tech with over a decade of repair experience.
67216606

Have 1100 jet ski, spark works ran the other day - no problems.

Customer Question

have 1100 jet ski, spark works ran the other day - no problems. will not start gas filter has gas in it and oil tank is full and gas tank full. turns over choke opened and closed no affect. gas open to run key in place think no gas or adjustment on carberator.
Category: Boat
Expert:  Charles replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is***** you for allowing me to assist you today.
Pull the spark plugs to see if you are getting spark to them and if they are wet with fuel. If you are getting spark, check your fuel for water. Test the compression of the engine. Make sure that it is over 100 PSI on all cylinders.
If it is low, the engine may not be able to draw enough fuel into the engine to start it.