Joe
Joe, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  ASE, electronics, Marine mechanical and electronics, pwc, wiring, all around repair tech,
20508815

Dominick, I have a 5.8L ford and the right bank of cylinders

Customer Question

hi Dominick, I have a 5.8L ford and the right bank of cylinders in running lean
Category: Boat
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Nobody is responding to this question???
Expert:  Joe replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for allowing me to assist you, my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you with your concern today.
Fuel pressure will not effect only the right bank and not the left as well. Check injectors via noide light and make sure all (electric wise are firing correctly) if so preform a leak down test on each injector and or swap injectors side to side and see if the problem follows them. Check injector o-rings, injectors, intake gaskets on that bank, air/vacuum leaks, exhaust leaks, spark plugs, spark/misfires, as well as compression, etc.
Thank you!
- Joe
Please rate my answer when ready. Bonuses are appreciated.
If for any reason you are not satisfied please reply back to me for further assistance to which I will be glad to help you. The rating system is only to rate me as an expert not the site or the product. If you have any problems for any reason please reply back and let me know.
Thanks again for using justanswer and have a great day!
If you need any further assistance you can reply back at any time for my help.
I'd be happy to answer any other questions you have even if not related.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Joe,
I have checked the plugs they are firing properly and so are the injectors there is no vacuums leaks that I can find. The injectors don't leak down, they hold pressure when the key is off.
I am wondering about my low pressure pump because it's hard to start when it's hot and I don't have much power out of the hole. I realize the high makes enough pressure I'm wondering about volume at rpm.
Expert:  Joe replied 1 year ago.
Generally speaking, something common to both banks would not just effect one bank. However with that said I noticed 32psi again, I wonder if this was read with key on engine off or engine running? It should read around 35-43 psi key on engine off for fuel pressure, below 35 please try pinching off return line (if soft line not metal) and if pressure then goes to normal replace the fuel pressure regulator, same goes if there is fuel in the vacuum hose to said regulator. Please note to use something like carb cleaner which you can spray the intake gaskets and lines to check for leaks (change in rpm when spraying usually indicates a leak and where), also remember exhaust leaks, replace spark plugs if not already done and also checking compression.