Jeff G.
Jeff G., Marine Mechanic
Experience:  42 years experience, Certified Master Technician, All Major Outboards, Sterndrives, Hi-Performance
27391725

I have a 40 HP Mariner Magnum serial OD 111976. I removed and

Customer Question

I have a 40 HP Mariner Magnum serial OD 111976. I removed and cleaned the carbs but cannot figure out the vacuum hoses again and cannot find a diagram. Can you help?
Category: Boat
Expert:  Jeff G. replied 1 year ago.
Are you referring to the small lines on the starboard side of the engine?Follow this link and then blow up the drawing and it will show you where the lines go.http://www.boats.net/parts/search/Merc/Mariner/1996/7040412ED/CYLINDER%20BLOCK%20AND%20CRANKCASE%20ASSEMBLY/parts.htmlLet me know if you need further help on this.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
There is a solenoid with two lines out of it...then one splits off to two more lines. We have everything hooked up but there is a open fitting under the upper carb that we don't know where to put the line?
Expert:  Jeff G. replied 1 year ago.
That is the primer. When you push in on the key it opens and allows additional fuel to flow to the engine. The line that splits off should go to the carb where it mounts to the intake. The other line goes to a fitting on the bottom of the float bowl of the top carb.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
So where do the lines off the solenoid run?
Expert:  Jeff G. replied 1 year ago.
One comes from the fitting on the bottom of the float bowl on the top carb. The other line goes to the two carbs on the flange where they attach to the intake there is one small fitting on each carb. The line from the fitting on the float bowl supplies the fuel to the primer.