Tan
Tan, MerCruiser Certified Technician
Experience:  40 yrs. experience with complete engine repairs both inboard/outboard and MerCruiser Certified Technician.
25721800

There - can you provide an approximate cost (parts seperate

Customer Question

hi there - can you provide an approximate cost (parts seperate from labor) to replace a 2001 23 foot Sea Ray bow rider outdrive?
Category: Boat
Expert:  Tan replied 1 year ago.
Hello. My name is***** get the engine serial number please? Do you know what gear ration you have?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I can try - essentially I am trying to approximate the value of a boat for divorce purposes. My soon to be ex is saying the boat is worth 1800 due the repairs needed (he says its a new out-drive). What I can tell you is that it is a 2001 Sea Ray 23 foot bowrider with trailer, bimini, carpet, boat cover, etc. And apparently a new outdrive is needed
Expert:  Tan replied 1 year ago.
Ok the labor is going to run 2 hours at the rate in your area. The drive new will run $2,842.86. The boat ios worth allot more than that even wiotout the drive. Here is a link to the NADA pricing of the boat. http://Disconnect the white wire from the terminal strip on the motor. Do you have spark now? If no spark disconnect each white wire from each CD module. Do you have spark? If no then we will need a ohm meter to do some testing. Post back if you need further assistance. Thank you..Tan
Expert:  Tan replied 1 year ago.
Sorry the link didn't come through. Try this link. http://www.nadaguides.com/Boats/2001/Sea-Ray-Boats/230-BOW-RIDER/10155802/values Where it says options you can add the options.