Joe
Joe, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  ASE, electronics, Marine mechanical and electronics, pwc, wiring, all around repair tech,
20508815

2003 SeaDoo 951cc, RXDI, eng family 3CXM.9514CD (if

Customer Question

2003 SeaDoo 951cc, RXDI, eng family 3CXM.9514CD (if additional I.D. required tell me where to look). Problem is that we turn on key, push button to start and we hear the fuel injector, but nothing else ... doesn't turn over and NO click. We need step-by-step
on what to check and how to do so ... preferring the most likely 1st to the least likely.
Category: Boat
Expert:  Joe replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for allowing me to assist you, my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you with your concern today.
You should be hearing the fuel pump not the injectors, you can only hear the injectors in certain situations when providing fuel and not in this case usually.
First thing is you should get two beeps, if not then you would want to check the dess system and start/stop switch:
Engine start/stop switch verification;
Disconnect the Yellow/Red wire of the start/stop switch. Using an ohmmeter, connect test probes to the Yellow/Red wire and to ground. Measure resistance, it must be an open circuit (switch is normally open). Depress and hold switch, the ohmmeter should read close to “0” ohm.
Safety Lanyard Switch Verification;
If 2 short beeps are not heard when installing the safety lanyard, disconnect the switch wires.
Safety lanyard removed;
connect the test probes to switch Black and Black/Yellow wires. It’s an open circuit, there should be no continuity.
Connect one test probe to the White/Gray wire and the other test probe to the switch terminal. Measure resistance, it should be “0” ohm. Connect one test probe to the Black wire and the other test probe to the switch ring. Measure resistance, it must be close to “0” ohm.
Safety lanyard on switch; connect the probes to switch Black and Black /Yellow wires. Measure resistance, it must be “0” ohm.
If all this is good or a power issue then next check battery via a load test and then check cables and connections, next checking the small start signal wire to the solenoid during cranking (small wire) for 12v while cranking, if not this comes from the switch and mpem and check above tests, if so then check solenoid output large cable if none then replace solenoid so long as power to it from battery. If all this is good and power out to the starter motor then check block and starter ground and connections, next check starter itself and replace if bad.
Also try turning engine by hand and make sure not locked up.
Check fuses on mpem and in electric box.
Thank you!
- Joe
Please rate my answer when ready. Bonuses are appreciated.
If for any reason you are not satisfied please reply back to me for further assistance to which I will be glad to help you. The rating system is only to rate me as an expert not the site or the product. If you have any problems for any reason please reply back and let me know.
Thanks again for using justanswer and have a great day!
If you need any further assistance you can reply back at any time for my help.
I'd be happy to answer any other questions you have even if not related.