Charles
Charles, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  US Navy (Ret) Certified Mercury Marine Tech with over a decade of repair experience.
67216606

I have a 2012 sanpan2500le, the switches dual batteries

Customer Question

i have a 2012 sanpan2500le, the switches for the dual batteries is mounted on the deck but outside the play pen area.. I need to reach over the rear wall but I am to short to safely reach them..Is there a tool that would fit over the switches ( with perhaps a screw driver like handle. Or any other suggestions
Category: Boat
Expert:  Charles replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is***** you for allowing me to assist you today.
Can you please post a pic of the set up. I would like to see it so that I can give you the best advice.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am afraid the boat is 65 miles away from where I live and I do not expect to get back to it this week. This is a pontoon boat with a 150 HP Yamaha. If you stand at the stern the starting battery is to the left of the engine and the dual switches are a bit
t o the left and a bit forward of the battery, there is no actual deck as they have mounted the swim ladder there. So when the boat in in the water the only access id to reach over the rear wall. I can try to make a sketch if you think it will help
Expert:  Charles replied 1 year ago.
Anything would help me to visualize what they may have done. the switch is not a factory option and is installed by the dealer.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I cannot seem to either capture a picture nor create a sketch . I'm sorry to say I do not think we can make any further progress, at this time
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
would you agree
Expert:  Charles replied 1 year ago.
No worries, there are no time limits here. When you are at the boat again, you can get a few pics of the set up and I can tell you what I think of it.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok thank you. I am signing off now
Expert:  Charles replied 1 year ago.
Your welcome. Talk to you later.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The main question was does anyone make a tool that would fit or straddle the switch handle. That would extend my reach an solve the problem.
Expert:  Charles replied 1 year ago.
Understand, There is nothing that I know of that will fit over the switch and turn it from a distance. My idea, is to relocate the switch so that it is not on the rear of the boat. This way you can get at it from inside the boat.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you Charles. Relocating the switch set is no an option. I had thought of that, however when I looked closely the wirinh harness and the routing do not have any ply , I would have to replace most of the wiring used .I will leave things as they are, and "invent" my own "tool" in my son's wood working shop.
Thank You. However this issue has no resolution at this time.
Expert:  Charles replied 1 year ago.
Your welcome. If you decide to replace the switch, let me know.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
will do
Expert:  Charles replied 1 year ago.
Thanks
Charles