Jason
Jason, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  Degree in Marine Technology. Gas and diesel marine mechanic.
44667847

I have a 1989 phantom 180SST I am unable to locate a fuel

Customer Question

I have a 1989 phantom 180SST I am unable to locate a fuel filter in the boat - without removing the flooring, etc. Does this model have a fuel filter and if so, where is it located?
Category: Boat
Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** am I speaking with? Which engine is in the boat?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This is Roger,
I have a 1989 Yahama 130 ETLF outboard mounted to the boat
Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.
Hi Roger. The only fuel filter on that engine as it comes stock from the factory would be the filters mounted on the engine itself. There would not be anything from the factory mounted in the boat. Did you need a picture of the engine mounted filter? Or do you know where that is?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I believe that I know where that filter is on this motor, but if you have a photo readily available I would appreciate the confirmation.
Thanks Much
Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.
Sure thing. Click this link to pull up a diagram. it is #5, on the right hand side. http://www.boats.net/parts/search/Yamaha/Outboard/1989/130ETLF/FUEL%20SYSTEM/parts.html If you had a further question on the issue by all means feel free to ask. If not, Just incase you do not understand the way the website works (and some folks do not). You do have to put forth a positive rating in order for it to credit me for helping you. When ratings are not done, the website simply keeps your deposit and they will not credit me. Please let me know if you run into any problems or errors when trying to do it. If you do have a problem, or if you can not see the ratings box which is at the top of the screen. Please reply back "I rate Jason's service _______" and fill in the blank. Questions do not close out, so if you have to come back tomorrow or next week with follow up questions to this you still can even after doing a rating. Thank youJason
Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.
Hello, just checking in. No rating has been put through yet so I wanted to see if you had any more questions on the issue? -Jason