Charles
Charles, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  US Navy (Ret) Certified Mercury Marine Tech with over a decade of repair experience.
67216606

I just bought a new boat, Epic 22 SC that came with a Marinco

Customer Question

I just bought a new boat, Epic 22 SC that came with a Marinco 60A 12-24V DC plug installed. I need to run a 24 volt system for the trolling motor I bought and it has only 2 conductors, positive and negative. The plug appears to require 3 conductors. Can I wire this plug to my two conductor trolling motor leads, and if so how? The plug terminals are marked 12,24,& 1.
Category: Boat
Expert:  Charles replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is***** you for allowing me to assist you today.
Do you have a multimeter?
How many batteries do you currently have in the back of the boat?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes, I have a multi meter. I will soon have one battery for cranking and two for the 24 volt trolling motor. The question is: which two terminals in the three terminal plug do I hook the two trolling motor leads too?
Expert:  Charles replied 1 year ago.
This is where the meter comes in. Remove the outlet from the dash panel, locate the black wire. This is the ground. Black meter lead goes there. Set the meter to a scale over 24V and check the other two leads to see which one has the 24V, hook your trolling motor to those posts in the plug in.