Dominick
Dominick, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  25 Years Experience as Mechanic, 20 Yrs Boat Yard Owner/Mechanic, Factory Certified
14379177

15 hp merc 4-stroke 2013. Won't get up to speed. Is there

Customer Question

15 hp merc 4-stroke 2013. Won't get up to speed. Is there a limiter or throttle override that we,ve inadvertently hit? Was running great last outing. Choke off, vent on tank open.
Category: Boat
Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** am I speaking with?
No, no limiter or override. If its not reving up it has an issue. What were you looking to do?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Just go for a run. My son is running it he's 150 miles away and has texted a problem. Says it feels like it's limping home. As i said it ran fine last time out. Started easy and fast. Is there anything in the throttle that's a tensioner he might have hit, twisted?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My name is peter
Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.
Hi Peter. No, there is nothing he might have twisted. The engine has a problem. That can be anything from water in the gas, to a clogged car, to a bad spark plug, to an ignition failure ect. And the engine needs troubleshooting in order to figure out what the issue is. Does that make sense?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes, sadly. Was hoping for a simple solution.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is there a trolling setting?
Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.
It never is. And there is no trolling setting. There is an actual problem with the engine, the most common items that I listed above.