Dominick
Dominick, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  25 Years Experience as Mechanic, 20 Yrs Boat Yard Owner/Mechanic, Factory Certified
14379177

Ski Question I have a 2014 Sea Doo GTI 130. Someone sucked

Customer Question

Ski Question I have a 2014 Sea Doo GTI 130. Someone sucked up small rocks and damaged the impeller. I would like to know what will be involved for a do it yourself repair> What tools are needed and if possible where to purchase those tools. I am skilled
with auto motive repair, but not familiar with jet pumps. But can likely handle the task with proper directions. Any sources other then the dealer for purchase of parts appreciated if possible. Tools I really need a resource on purchasing. I have 2 of these
skis and will likely deal with this problem every summer so I hope to learn to do this myself. Advise, instruction, tools needed and if possible where to purchase tools needed. Thanks
Category: Boat
Expert:  Kenny O. replied 1 year ago.
Hi my name is ***** ***** you still need help on this question ? ThanksKenny
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes, I hope to get instruction as noted in question. Thanks
Expert:  Kenny O. replied 1 year ago.
It will require special tools to get the impellor off the pump shaft, I suggest taking it to someone that has the special tools as they are expensive to buy.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The local dealer already hooked me up with purchase of the tools, copies of the service manual pages and talked us through how to remove breaking system and change wear ring, impeller. Thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I was asking for help becuase as noted this issue will likely occur every year and I dont want to have my ski in the shop for weeks each time. However the dealer was nice enough to sell me the tools and walk me through step by step how to make the repairs. Which is done now. Very disapointed this was the only reply I got in such a long period of time.