Tan
Tan, MerCruiser Certified Technician
Experience:  40 yrs. experience with complete engine repairs both inboard/outboard and MerCruiser Certified Technician.
25721800

How can I tell if a 1998 Four Winns Horizon 18ft speedboat

Customer Question

how can I tell if a 1998 Four Winns Horizon 18ft speedboat has an automatic bilge pump mechanism ?
(there is a manual button on the counsel and that works to manually turn on the bilge pump and pump any accumulated water out.)
Category: Boat
Expert:  Tan replied 1 year ago.
Hello. My name is***** the bilge with water about 4 inches should do it. You could look for a wire with a fuse going towards the bilge area. Look near the bilge pump you will see a box,float this will the the auto switch. Now if the bilge pump doesn't come on you don't have a switch or the one you have is bad. Most boats now days have an auto bilge connected the the battery direct so it can't be turned off. There is usually no switch. Post back with questions.