Jason
Jason, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  Degree in Marine Technology. Gas and diesel marine mechanic.
44667847

I have a 1994 Mercury Mariner 40 HP 2 stroke Outboard Motor.

Customer Question

I have a 1994 Mercury Mariner 40 HP 2 stroke Outboard Motor. I recently installed a new control box. I want to swap out this engine with a 1997 Force by Mercury Marine 90 HP 2 stroke. Will the connections and cables be compatable or will I have to change out all of the controls with the ones that will come with the Force engine. A simple engine swap is desirable vrs a complete removal of all connections and cables.
Category: Boat
Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** am I speaking with.
79 through 2006 use the same harness's and controls, so you wont' have any issues.
That was what you had asked so I think that should do it. If you had a further question on the issue by all means feel free to ask. If not, Just incase you do not understand the way the website works (and some folks do not). You do have to put forth a positive rating in order for it to credit me for helping you. When ratings are not done, the website simply keeps your deposit and they will not credit me. Please let me know if you run into any problems or errors when trying to do it. If you do have a problem, or if you can not see the ratings box which is at the top of the screen. Please reply back "I rate Jason's service _______" and fill in the blank.
Questions do not close out, so if you have to come back tomorrow or next week with follow up questions to this you still can even after doing a rating. And if I have saved you quite a bit of money, or saved you a trip to the dealer, tips are always greatly appreciated.
Thank you
Jason
Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.
Hello, just checking in. No rating has been put through yet so I wanted to see if you had any more questions on the issue? -Jason