Dominick
Dominick, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  25 Years Experience as Mechanic, 20 Yrs Boat Yard Owner/Mechanic, Factory Certified
14379177

I have a 2009 Kawasaki jet ski, 4 stroke, and the fuel alarm

Customer Question

I have a 2009 Kawasaki jet ski, 4 stroke, and the fuel alarm goes off even when tank is FULL. what do i need to do or replace, Thansk Dave
Category: Boat
Expert:  RSRBOB replied 1 year ago.
Hi and thank you for your question.The problem most likely is in the fuel level switch, as Kawasaki calls it. It is in the fuel tank. Before you buy a new one, I would suggest removing the old one and seeing if it can be repaired. It is a series of floats that turn the fuel level display bars on or off. The very bottom float is the one responsible for showing the fuel level is low, so pay particular attention to whether that one is stuck or not. If it is not stuck, you can check continuity across the input terminals so verify it is shorted out, meaning you will have to replace it. I have included a parts diagram that shows how the fuel level switch is mounted in the gas tank.If you have any more questions, feel free to ask.ThanksRSRBOB http://partsfinder.onlinemicrofiche.com/riva_normal/showmodel.asp?Type=13&make=kawasakipwc&a=30&b=36&c=0&d=2009%20STX-15F%20%28JT1500A9F%29%20METERS