Dominick
Dominick, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  25 Years Experience as Mechanic, 20 Yrs Boat Yard Owner/Mechanic, Factory Certified
14379177

Can't get my Yamaha 50 to start. The battery was dead but

Customer Question

Can't get my Yamaha 50 to start. The battery was dead but it's charged now and the engine turns over but won't start. Never been a problem before. What should I try next
Category: Boat
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
We checked the gas line and gas is getting to the engine
Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** am I speaking with?
Have you checked to see if the engine has any spark? What is the model number on the engine?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This is Dick. How would we check for a spark? It is a Yamaha 50 4stroke about 5 years old.
Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.
Hi Dick. You would use either an adjustable gap spark tester or a timing light. Does the engine beep when you turn the key? Is this engine carbureted or fuel injected, do you have the model number handy?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
We are going to call a friend tonight who repairs engines. Thanks for your hell though.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I meant help, not hell. Sorry.
Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.
No problem. Good luck! If you still have a question afterwards I am still here and you can post back any time. Jason