Noel Schembri
Noel Schembri, Marine Technician
Experience:  Advanced technical diploma
41498811

I have a 1996 donzi 275 lxc. I'm having a big problem with

Customer Question

I have a 1996 donzi 275 lxc. I'm having a big problem with water getting into cabin while I'm moving not sitting and it seems to be fresh water
Category: Boat
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It is only under my driving compartment in middle of boat not the front wondering if it is from water system in boat
Expert:  Noel Schembri replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will assist you. Yes most probably it is the fresh water system in your boat that is leaking or the fresh water tank. To check this first thing to do is to checkout the tank for any cracks or any water lying under it. If there is not then you would need to follow the plumbing ideally with the pump on so as to detect the leak. If you require further assistance let me know. Noel
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Do you specifics to where that is located in this boat. The water system was full now empty where does the sinks water go how do I pump it out
From the water tank it normally goes to the water pump, which is either located next to the fresh water tank or the engine room. From there it normally goes on the side of the boat to the sink. Check under the sink for any loose fittings. Also can you hear the pump going on automatically? If no the the leak is prior to the pump, even a cracked water tank.
Noel
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I ran faucets so there is no water left were does that water go
Normally that water ends up in the bilge where the automatic bilge pump will pump it out of the boat.
Noel
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It turned out to be the line for speedometer was not hooked up causing the problem while i was moving
At least it is easier to fix but it does not make sense that there was no water left in the tank and that it seemed to be fresh water. I have to respond on the data you give me. Anyway glad you managed to solve the problem, in the case you need further assistance let me know and kindly rate my service. Noel