Dominick
Dominick, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  25 Years Experience as Mechanic, 20 Yrs Boat Yard Owner/Mechanic, Factory Certified
14379177

I redecked my lowes 1989 pontoon and replaced the wires that

Customer Question

I redecked my lowes 1989 pontoon and replaced the wires that connect to the solenoid and battery. I put the propella in a barrel of water, started the engine and it worked sweet as usual. However, I did do some wore splicing and tightening, when placed in the lake...the engine is totally unresponsive. nothing is ignited when using the hand pull. It is as dead as they come. Cant believe such a drastic change would happen so quickly. I have checked ignition and kill switch. I presume it is an issue with the motor. But I am lost as to what is the next step;
Category: Boat
Expert:  Jeff G. replied 1 year ago.
Locate the powerpack, it is the ignition module that has all the wires going to it. Look for the wire that is black with a yellow stripe. Disconnect the connector. Gently pull the black/yellow wire out of the connector. Reconnect the connector.Now try starting the engine and see if you have spark now.Post back what you get.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am going out of town till Saturday...will I be able to reconnect withyou then??
Also are you talking about the powerpac in the engine???
Expert:  Jeff G. replied 1 year ago.
Sorry for the delay, my computer crashed. Yes the power pack on the engine. Bookmark this page and then Saturday come back to it, simple, I'll see you then.