Tan
Tan, MerCruiser Certified Technician
Experience:  40 yrs. experience with complete engine repairs both inboard/outboard and MerCruiser Certified Technician.
25721800

I have a 1996 evenrude 150 hp motor. I tilted the motor up

Customer Question

I have a 1996 evenrude 150 hp motor. I tilted the motor up and it just stopped. Now there is no power to the starter and trim and tilt. Battery terminals are tight and battery is fully charged. Is there a main fuse somewhere?
Category: Boat
Expert:  Tan replied 1 year ago.
Hello. Yes there is a fuse. Locate the start solenoid follow the red wires coming off the solenoid it will lead you to the fuse holder. There is a 20 amp fuse in the holder. Here is a pic of the fuse holder on a 90 hp 1995. You may have a different fuse holder.I will need the engine model number to know exactly the type fuse you have. Did the solve your issue?
Expert:  Tan replied 1 year ago.
Your engine has the ATC # ***** type fuse holder # ***** The location is still close to the start solenoid as that is where it gets power to all engine accessories. http://www.boats.net/parts/search/BRP/EVINRUDE/1996/E150ELEDB/MOTOR%20HARNESS/parts.html Post back with findings.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thank you for your help my motor had an extra fuse in the fuse holder. Again thank you!!!!!!
Expert:  Tan replied 1 year ago.
Your welcome........Thank you........Tan Please don't forget to p[ositively rate me as that is the only way I get paid for helping you. Thank you.......Tan