Jason
Jason, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  Degree in Marine Technology. Gas and diesel marine mechanic.
44667847

OK, 04 75 HP Merc. Strted up fine, when in yard. When I put

Customer Question

OK, 04 75 HP Merc. Strted up fine, when in yard. When I put it in the water it would'nt go any faster than idle speed. also when I choked it it would go for a bit. Tried spraying carbs w/ cleaner , no go. I pulled all 3 carbs and cleaned them , (there was crap in the float bowls) not alot. It ran much better but still no high end , and it would rev and slow, finaly back to square one. I'm thinking water in the fuel. I had about 5 gals of fuel left over in tank( I know I know) Put stabilizer in and 10 gals of fresh fuel. Not quite sure where to go from here. But I'm guessing water? Thank-you Everett
Category: Boat
Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.
Hi Everett. My name is***** in the fuel would definitely do it. Have you run it off of another fuel supply to rule that in or out?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no, not yet. But will do that next. how do I get water out of my fuel?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
hello
Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.
That depends. How big is the tank?
Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.
It looks like you read my reply and logged off. In short, if the tank is under 50 gallons its cheaper just to pump out the gas and dump it. If it is more than 50 gallons, it is worthwhile to hire in a company to come in and do what they call "fuel polishing" What they do there connect the fuel line up to a rig with a fancy high tech filtration system on it. And the rig pumps the fuel through the filters and recirulates it back in to the fuel tank. Does that make sense?