Dominick
Dominick, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  25 Years Experience as Mechanic, 20 Yrs Boat Yard Owner/Mechanic, Factory Certified
14379177

I've got an 05' four winns 238 vista...Has the ford 5.0 cobra

Customer Question

I've got an 05' four winns 238 vista...Has the ford 5.0 cobra multi-port fuel injection engine...it runs 100% with no load on it..but after a few min at full throttle. .it starts to die..lose power...like its out of gas..i have to put it in neutral. .rev it a few times. .& it sounds good again...put it back in gear ..full throttle. .dies out again?
Category: Boat
Expert:  Tan replied 1 year ago.
Hello. My name is***** the engine on a different fuel source. We need to eliminate the boat side fuel system as a possible cause of your issue. This could be debris in the fuel tank, clogged fuel vent broken pick up tube or failing anti siphon valve. All you need is a gas can and some fuel hose for this test. Disconnect the fuel line (plug it) coming from the boats fuel system at the engine then connect you gas can and fuel line to the fuel connection on the engine run the boat. Does it run better or the same?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I will try that when I get a free min this week
Expert:  Tan replied 1 year ago.
Ok great I will be here all week. Just post back as you have been.