Charles
Charles, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  US Navy (Ret) Certified Mercury Marine Tech with over a decade of repair experience.
67216606

Have a seadoo gtx will start out of water and if push into

Customer Question

have a seadoo gtx will start out of water and if push into water will run like crazy, but will not start if in the water
Category: Boat
Expert:  Charles replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is***** you for allowing me to assist you today.
You have a voltage issue from the battery to the starter. Check the battery first, have it load tested, if it does not pass, replace it. Then measure the voltage going to the solenoid when the ski is in the water. Press the stat button and watch your multimeter. If the voltage drops below 9.5V, it is the cables, if that is good, check the other side of the solenoid when pressing start, if it is now bad, replace the solenoid. If good, check it at the starter while cranking, if bad, replace the starter.