Dominick
Dominick, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  25 Years Experience as Mechanic, 20 Yrs Boat Yard Owner/Mechanic, Factory Certified
14379177

I have a 2011 Verado 150 that gives me warning 6

Customer Question

I have a 2011 Verado 150 that gives me warning for about 6 seconds then nothing. It prevents starting the motor. Oil level is good, battery volts are good. Got any ideas what might be the issue. It was low on fuel and gave an alarm then quip but with additional fuel is still sounds alarm
Category: Boat
Expert:  Charles replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is***** will be assisting you today.Is the alarm beeping or a solid tone?Do you have Smat craft gauges?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The gauges are smart craft and the alarm ir first would give me a single beep like normal then it would stay solid for about 6 sec. Last attempt it beeped a couple of times then went solid
Expert:  Charles replied 1 year ago.
did the gauge give you a text reading?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No, apparently I do not have smart gauges
Expert:  Charles replied 1 year ago.
No worries. So does the engine crank and just not start?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No it does not crank supposedly the alarm disables starting
Expert:  Charles replied 1 year ago.
Ok, does the throttle handle light up with the red lights? One of them blinking?Make sure that the kill lanyard is in place.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am not at the boat now.
Expert:  Charles replied 1 year ago.
When could you be out there?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Well, here is the issue I am not all that able, can't remove motor cover and the boat is on a lift in a slip I have no trailer. My son would need to assist me.
Expert:  Charles replied 1 year ago.
No worries. We can set up a time or if you accepted the phone offer, you could have me on the phone while you are at the boat.I will be available most of the day tomorrow and after 530 PM CST the rest of the week. I do have a day job as well.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I understand and appreciate that offer but my son umpires baseball and will not be able to help. I have a grandson who is a senior in high school who might be able to help. Tomorrow is 100% rain so maybe Tues or Thurs. I'd need to get back to you.
Expert:  Charles replied 1 year ago.
Sounds good. I have two sons that play baseball. I know how that is.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ijust saw your question about the throttle lights. Both lite uo then when the alarm goes foo the neutral (upper) light goes out
Expert:  Charles replied 1 year ago.
Have you made sure that the throttle handle is in Neutral. That will cause the engine to not start.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes, it was in neutral. I disconnected the batteries and reconnected them thinking the might something to reset but no luck.
Expert:  Charles replied 1 year ago.
There is a small red and black wire on the battery, did you make sure that they were hooked up and the fuse was good?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
All are hooked up, not sure about the fuse. I have an amp/continuity meter I can try to check it later. Would alarm still sound if fuse is bad?
Expert:  Charles replied 1 year ago.
Yes, it is the DTS system fuse. If it is blown, you will have no control over the system.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can we pick up on this conversation later? I will accept the phone call offer if needed. At this time I'm not sure when I can be avail need to check with family members.
Expert:  Charles replied 1 year ago.
No worries. Just reply back the way that you have been today. If I am at work when you reply, I will reply back to you when I log on.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Great thanks, ***** *****
Expert:  Charles replied 1 year ago.
You too.