Dominick
Dominick, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  25 Years Experience as Mechanic, 20 Yrs Boat Yard Owner/Mechanic, Factory Certified
14379177

I flipped a 2014 yamaha waverunner fxho in fresh water. We

Customer Question

I flipped a 2014 yamaha waverunner fxho in fresh water. We repositioned it, turning it the correct way. It is back on dock. Can I restart it now or is there something else I need to do?
Category: Boat
Expert:  RSRBOB replied 1 year ago.
Hi and thank you for your question.You definitely need to try and get it started ASAP. You want to run it to get whatever water might have gotten in the engine out. If it won't turn over when you hit the starter button, pull the spark plugs out and cover the spark plug holes with a heavy towel and try cranking it again. If it has water in it, it is going to blast it out, some 10 plus feet into the air, so don't be standing over your engine when you do this. If it has water in it, it is going to be a process of cranking it over and getting as much water out of it as you can, drying off the spark plugs and trying to start it, pulling the plugs, cranking some more water out, drying the plugs and trying to restart it. Repeat this process until the engine starts, runs and idles normally. Have the flush hose connected but NOT turned on until it will idle.If you have any more questions, feel free to ask.ThanksRSRBOB