Dominick
Dominick, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  25 Years Experience as Mechanic, 20 Yrs Boat Yard Owner/Mechanic, Factory Certified
14379177

I have a Yamaha 250 fuel injection been sitting up years I don't hear the fuel

Customer Question

I have a Yamaha 250 fuel injection been sitting up for 2 years I don't hear the fuel pump coming on and it won't run on its own I have to spray some fuel in the carburetor and it will run fine I don't know how to bleed the system when I pump the fuel bulb it gets hard before the fuel filter fills up
Category: Boat
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It kept saying the email that I put in is incorrect please let me complete that part the email is correct I checked it several times my email is***@******.***
Expert:  Jeff G. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, what is the complete model number, it is either fuel injected or has carburetors but not both. When you spray the carb cleaner in the engine, how long will it run? Just a second?