Dominick
Dominick, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  25 Years Experience as Mechanic, 20 Yrs Boat Yard Owner/Mechanic, Factory Certified
14379177

1994 Yamaha 200 Eng oil tank will not replenish above the

Customer Question

1994 Yamaha 200
Eng oil tank will not replenish above the ( normal function ) lower line --- at which point, the audible alarm extinguish and ( with engine running ) auto oil function will not top off tank.
Is not engine tank sensor.
Is not tilt sensor switch.
Is not flat 4 data lead -- new.
Manual reversion swich does work and replenish oil.
? --- I noticed on wiring diagram of stator : blue lead is for ground potential for auto oil.
Can I have a bad stator?
Category: Boat
Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** am I speaking with? It wouldn't be a bad stator. If the manual override switch works its either a bad PBS unit or a bad wire connection. Are you following the oil transfer flowchart from the service manual? Do you have a mutlimeter and do you know how to ohm out wires?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can you answer the question of the blue wire ( from stator and is 1 of 4 in a multi pin connector to the top of ecu ) that has a function involving potential ground source for oil transfer?
Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.
That blue wire has nothing to do with it.