Charles
Charles, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  US Navy (Ret) Certified Mercury Marine Tech with over a decade of repair experience.
67216606

My 2005 f 150 is sounding a solid alarm after idling a couple

Customer Question

My 2005 f 150 is sounding a solid alarm after idling a couple minutes in neutral and stays solid alarm after putting in clutch
Category: Boat
Expert:  Charles replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is***** you for allowing me to assist you today.
If there is water in the filter on the side of the engine, that will trigger the alarm. You would need to get the water out of the fuel tank before running the engine.
If you are running the engine on a hose, allot of Yamaha engines will overheat this way. The water pickups are too small to get enough water to them.
If you are in salt water, you could have block passages inside the head and the sensor is truy getting hot. You would need to remove the cylinder to see that.