Noel Schembri
Noel Schembri, Marine Technician
Experience:  Advanced technical diploma
41498811

I have a mercruise 3.0 and it starts fine, but when I try to

Customer Question

I have a mercruise 3.0 and it starts fine, but when I try to increase speed it wants to stall out I can increase speed quickley and it will run fine, but when i slow down again it wants to stall again
Category: Boat
Expert:  Noel Schembri replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will assist you. The problem you are describing is normally caused by a dirty carb or a broken diaphragm in the accelerator pump. What I suggest you do is to get the carb cleaned rebuilt. To do this you need to get a rebuilding kit and take the carb off. Dismantle rte carb slowly and clean using carb cleaner and compressed air. Use the new parts from the kit and instructions to assemble. Reassemble and you should be ok. If you require dither assistance let me know.
Noel
Did you manage to try the above? If you need further assistance let me know and kindly rate my service.
Thanks,
Noel