How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tan Your Own Question
Tan, MerCruiser Certified Technician
Category: Boat
Satisfied Customers: 10641
Experience:  40 yrs. experience with complete engine repairs both inboard/outboard and MerCruiser Certified Technician.
Type Your Boat Question Here...
Tan is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a Johnson j40tlcud 1987.I need to know the shifting

Customer Question

I have a Johnson j40tlcud 1987.I need to know the shifting rod adjustment.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Boat
Expert:  Tan replied 1 year ago.
Hello. My name is Tan. Are you looking for the shift rod height adjustment of the lower unit?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  Tan replied 1 year ago.
The spec is 20 29/32+/- 1/32 inches. That's measuring from the top of the geacase to the center of the hole in the shift rod.

Related Boat Questions