Dominick
Dominick, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  25 Years Experience as Mechanic, 20 Yrs Boat Yard Owner/Mechanic, Factory Certified
14379177

I have a 2005 starcraft aurora 24'. Was running it on the lake

Customer Question

i have a 2005 starcraft aurora 24'. Was running it on the lake and the battery shorted out.
Sounded like the boat backfired and would not start. Replaced the battery and boat now runs but loses power when acceleration. Boat also runs rough any idea what would cause this?
Category: Boat
Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** am I speaking with?
Can you be more specific by what you mean by battery shorted out? Did a piece of metal hit each post of the battery?
Also, which engine do you have in the boat?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
yes the light post slid back and arced across one of the batteries. I not sure on the engine i believe it a 265 horse power.
Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.
I would need any kind of model/serial number information on the engine you have in order to be of any help. Can you get that for me?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am not near the boat and the registration is in the boat. I will have to try something else.
Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.
Okay good luck!