Dominick
Dominick, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  25 Years Experience as Mechanic, 20 Yrs Boat Yard Owner/Mechanic, Factory Certified
14379177

I have an 50tlra that when i tilt down the buzzer comes on

Customer Question

I have an 50tlra that when i tilt down the buzzer comes on , tilt back up past 30degrees it shuts off and motor will rev up. I have the pink wire unhooked that was setting alarm off when down from oil pump. Just put this motor on this boat trying to get running. It was running good when the mechanic was here, took it to the river same problem , I have some plugs that are not plugged in might be hitting. help! Brent Inman
Category: Boat
Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.
Hi Brent, my name is Jason.
Is the engines oil tank full to the top, or is it low?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
full
Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.
It's possible the oil level sensor in the tank is bad. Do you have a volt/ohm meter and do you know how to take basic resistance and continuity testing? Also, are you near the engine now?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
yes i have meter and know how to test not near the engine
Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.
Got it. Can you open up PDF files on your end if I upload the instructions for testing the sensor in that format?