Joe
Joe, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  ASE, electronics, Marine mechanical and electronics, pwc, wiring, all around repair tech,
20508815

I recently bought a 2000 crownline 290 cr. I am having a problem

Customer Question

I recently bought a 2000 crownline 290 cr. I am having a problem with water coming in from around several of the oval shaped portholes. It happens in heavy rains and seas over 2-3 feet. I'm wondering what I should do to repair them.
Thank You
Category: Boat
Expert:  Joe replied 1 year ago.
Hello Glynn,
Thank you for allowing me to assist you, my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you with your concern today.
Fixing this problem requires removing the frame and sometimes window, cleaning all the old sealant off and using new marine sealant and then reassembling them, if you try just putting it over the old they will unfortunately keep having further problems. The sealant becomes old and brittle with time depending on what was used and thus must be fully removed, cleaned and prepped and redone.
Thank you!
- Joe
Please rate my answer when ready. Bonuses are appreciated.
If for any reason you are not satisfied please reply back to me for further assistance to which I will be glad to help you. The rating system is only to rate me as an expert not the site or the product. If you have any problems for any reason please reply back and let me know.
Thanks again for using justanswer and have a great day!
If you need any further assistance you can reply back at any time for my help.
I'd be happy to answer any other questions you have even if not related.