Joe
Joe, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  ASE, electronics, Marine mechanical and electronics, pwc, wiring, all around repair tech,
20508815

My 1100stx won't start until I put gas in carbs. Then it runs

Customer Question

My 1100stx won't start until I put gas in carbs. Then it runs fine the rest of the day but next day same problem. What's causing this
Category: Boat
Expert:  Joe replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for allowing me to assist you, my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you with your concern today.
Most likely reason is the choke not functioning, thus it can never get started to get past that or the carbs need rebuilt, I would start by checking the choke and seeing if it is operating correctly by visually inspecting it when moving the choke cable and linkage, next I'd pull a leak down test. The next thing to check would also be out of the fuel pump during this problem and checking fuel pump has no air leaks. Seeing that it seems your saying it runs fine otherwise, the problem is most likely the choke. You should be able to throttle a few times which will put gas in as well. To future assist I would need to know the year of this pwc so that I could be sure I was giving you info related to this specific model.
Thank you!
- Joe
Please rate my answer when ready. Bonuses are appreciated.
If for any reason you are not satisfied please reply back to me for further assistance to which I will be glad to help you. The rating system is only to rate me as an expert not the site or the product. If you have any problems for any reason please reply back and let me know.
Thanks again for using justanswer and have a great day!
If you need any further assistance you can reply back at any time for my help.
I'd be happy to answer any other questions you have even if not related.