Noel Schembri
Noel Schembri, Marine Technician
Experience:  Advanced technical diploma
41498811

I have a 1980 suzuki spirit DT8 that I do not want

Customer Question

I have a 1980 suzuki spirit DT8 that I do not want to toss. It is like new but recently floods itself out after 5 min run time, I cleaned carb, same thing, changed needle, same results. There is a hole at the top of carb that spits fuel so I can only assume the bowl is overfill. Float looks good and needle is new, what am I missing?
Category: Boat
Expert:  Noel Schembri replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will assist you. The problem you are describing is due to the float setting that is too high and thus is allowing the fuel to overflow. What you need to do is to remove the carb again and set the float level. It should be as in fig.6 in the attached link:http://boatinfo.no/lib/suzuki/manuals/suzuki_1988-2003/pages/page_h379.swf Setting this should solve the problem, if no then the needle and seating require replacement as they are leaking. If you need further assistance let me know. Noel
Do you require further assistance on the above? If no kindly rate my service.
Thanks,
Noel