Dominick
Dominick, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  25 Years Experience as Mechanic, 20 Yrs Boat Yard Owner/Mechanic, Factory Certified
14379177

I have a 2002 90hp mercury outboard. Up until recently, there

Customer Question

I have a 2002 90hp mercury outboard. Up until recently, there was no problem with the ignition or starting. Battery is fully charged, all in dash components such as bilge switch, horn switch, navigation and anchor light switches all work. When you turn the ignition key on to start, nothing. Gas gauge is hooked up directly to ignition..nothing. I can't even use the engine lift button on the throttle OR on the motor to lift the engine up. I've replaced all fuses by the battery terminals ( 2- 10amp and 1- 30 amp) and even replaced the ignition circuit breaker. Still nothing. Again, turn key and motor won't crank or even lift and gas gauge has no response. I also made sure throttle handle was in neutral position and even shhok it. Nothing. Could the ignition switch be the problem??
Category: Boat
Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** am I speaking with?
Do you have a voltmeter and do you know how to take basic voltage measurements?
Can I get the serial number on the engine please.
Are you near the engine now?
Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.
Good morning. It looks like you read my reply and logged off. Did you try to response back, as I did not receive anything from you.